Thursday, May 3, 2012

grilled cheese with brie

Yet another recipe from 6 o'clock scramble.  Here I decided I didn't want to add the spinach that was in the original because I'm just not a fan of cooked spinach, I had already eaten spinach in my green smoothie, and I was serving this with a salad.  So, I got lazy/just didn't want the spinach, and just made these plain grilled cheese.  However, I did use a bit of peach jam as suggested in the original.  Peach jam and Brie on a sandwich are DELICIOUS!  Worth the post - even though I have no picture, and the recipe is super simple.

Ingredients

  • butter (if desired)
  • peach or apricot jam
  • 8 slices of bread (I used home made wheat - original called for whole grain or sourdough)
  • 8 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 1/8 inch slices
Directions
  1. Make sandwich by spreading jam on one slice of bread, top with brie, and another slice of bread.  Bake on a griddle or in a frying pan until toasted on both sides.  I coated my griddle with butter before putting the sandwiches on.

I must add, 8 oz wasn't really enough brie for sandwiches for all 6 of us.  I did make other sandwiches with cheddar or whatever other cheese I had.  Everyone liked these though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails