Friday, March 16, 2012

Potato and feta Spanish "tortilla"

This is another modified recipe from six o'clock scramble.  Here I mostly just upped the amount of eggs and milk to make it go farther.  As it was, it was all eaten and we had to make some more scrambled eggs to fill up our hungry teenagers. (and the original recipe was supposedly able to serve 6 - with only 5 eggs.)
I absolutely adored this meal.  That is saying something because I'm not a huge fan of eggs in general.
The original did say you could add optional fillings.  We did not although since I had asparagus in my meal this evening, I'm thinking that asparagus would have gone very well as an optional add in.
Definitely planning to make this again - maybe even for breakfast tomorrow.  It sounds sooo good.

Ingredients

  •  2 medium potatoes diced
  • 1-2 Tablespoons butter
  • 1 medium sweet onion, diced
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 8 eggs
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 3 Tablespoons feta
Directions
  1. Place the potatoes in a medium sized microwave safe bowl and sprinkle with water.  Lightly cover them (I used my microwave cover.)  Microwave on high until they are fork tender (3-5 minutes)  Drain any excess liquid.
  2. Preheat the broiler to high and set the rack 4-5 inches from the heat.  
  3. Spray a heavy, oven proof 12 inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray.  Saute the onions in butter until fragrant.  Add the softened potatoes, rosemary, salt, and pepper (and any additional ingredients -ie veggies I'm thinking spinach would probably be good as well)  and saute for a few more minutes.  (It should smell awesome at this point between the onions and the rosemary.  YUM!)
  4. In a bowl, mix eggs, milk and cheese.  Pour it over the potato mixture in the pan.  Cook (without stirring) over medium-high heat until the eggs begin to harden.  (about 4 minutes)
  5. Place the skillet under the broiler and cook until golden brown on top.  For me I did 3 minutes on high then turned my broiler down to low and did 2 minutes more.  That was perfect.  
  6. Cut in slices and serve.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails