Thursday, March 1, 2012

chocolate molten lava cake

This is another cake recipe I found at everydayfoodstorage.net.  This time I was looking for a treat to serve to choir after choir practice. I headed to everydayfoodstorage because I knew she was doing a cake month and found this.  I was a bit skeptical to try this, plus I wanted to replace the bean puree with bean flour and I didn't want it to go wrong and be inedible.  So rather than not experiment, I had my son make some chocolate chip cookies as backup.  The cookies weren't needed.  The cake was delicious.  It has a lot of sugar in it which I am actually really trying to reduce right now, but at least it had no oil, and used some wheat flour and bean flour.  It was also super easy to mix together.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup unbleached white flour
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 6 Tablespoons cocoa powder, divided
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup +2 Tablespoons milk (I used 1 %)
  • 2 Tablespoons black bean flour (Could use any bean flour)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 3/4 cups hot water
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder, baking powder, bean flour, and salt.  Stir in milk and vanilla until smooth.
  3. Spread in an ungreased 9 X 9 inch baking pan.  In another bowl, combine brown sugar and remaining cocoa.  Sprinkle over batter.  Pour hot water over all of it.  Do not stir.
  4. Bake for 35-40 minutes.  Serve

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails