Wednesday, January 18, 2012

chia jam

This is probably my favorite way to use chia so far.  But truth be told I haven't experimented much, and most of what I did was before the holidays hit, and before DH started traveling a lot.  I do remember this jam, and made it more than once.  So simple, so tasty, and so healthy.  YUM!  Oh, and I forgot to mention super quick - no slaving over the stove.  You can realistically make a batch at a time when you need it.  Again, thanks to my friend Amoreena who fiddled with this recipe and came up with correct proportions.  This is her favorite combination for strawberries.

Ingredients

  • 1 1/4 cup strawberry puree -I just thawed some frozen strawberries and pureed them in my blender or food processor, or with my immersion blender - can't remember which.
  • 1/4 cup chia seed
  • 2 Tablespoons agave
Directions
  1. Mix all ingredients in a pint size jar (or other container)  
  2. Let set until thickened.  Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or freeze.
Can it possibly get any easier?

You can use any fruit and/or sweeteners, but you need to adjust amounts to suit your tastes.  Strawberry is nice and sweet so it doesn't require much added sweetness.  

Love this on waffles, toast, pancakes, french toast, rolls, bread...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails