Friday, October 28, 2011

Balsamic pork loin

Apparently if you are on pintrest, this recipe has been around.  I however am not.  I saw it over on Mel's kitchen cafe.  As with most of her recipes, it did not disappoint.  Delicious.  I loved the sauce.  I think everyone actually liked the meat portion of this meal (this recipe)  Yea!
As and extra bonus it was cooked in the slow cooker.  I even tossed my pork loin in there frozen in the morning.  No problems.  :)  Couldn't be easier.
Ingredients

  • 2-3 pound boneless pork loin roast, trimmed of large fat pockets (can't say that I did this trimming ahead of time since I tossed it in frozen.  I just trimmed it off as I shredded)
  • 1 teaspoon ground sage
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic minces
  • 1/2 cup water
Glaze ingredients
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 Tablespoons soy sauce

Directions

  1. In a small bowl, combine the sage, salt, pepper and garlic.  Rub the spices all over the roast. (Here is where a non-frozen roast would have been better because the spices would have stuck better.) Place roast in slow cooker and pour in the 1/2 cup water.  Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours - or until completely done and shredable.  
  2.  Near the end of the cooking time, combine the glaze ingredients in a small saucepan.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until it thickens.  Stirring occasionally.  (I think I actually did this part while shredding the pork - stir, shred, stir, shred...)
  3. Serve pork with glaze drizzled on top - or just mix it all in (what I did with the left overs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails