Monday, September 26, 2011

Grape salad

This salad was simply delicious.  It is basically the dip that I've seen at numerous events, but with the fruit stirred in.  If you ask me, there was a bit too much dip for the amount of grapes, and we used probably double the amount of grapes called for.  This would be delicious with any type of fruit.  Top on my list to try would be strawberries.
Next time I would probably just make a 1/2 batch of sauce.
Update 10/27.  I have made this a couple more times cutting the cream cheese mix in half and it was great that way.  (One time that I paid attention I actually had 3 pounds of grapes and I still only used 1/2 the cream cheese.  Much better than the original 1-2 pounds for the entire batch of cream cheese.)  Forgot the almonds/pecans both times though.  And purposely didn't add the brown sugar. :)

Ingredients

  • 2 bags seedless grapes (we used a black and red)
  • 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • optional - sliced almonds or chopped pecans
Directions
  1. Wash, separate and dry the grapes.  
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla. (I like an electric hand mixer for this)  Add grapes and mix until evenly coated.  
  3. Sprinkle with brown sugar and nuts (oops I added my brown sugar to the mix and thought it was just plumb strange to call for 2 types of sugar.  I should so learn to read directions. :)  Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails