Tuesday, September 20, 2011

bbq chicken tortilla pizzas

Here was another totally easy, super quick idea that I loved from my Rachael Ray magazine.  To be honest, she did make hers more high class by using gouda and red onions.  I used either monterey jack or cheddar and sweet onions because that is what I usually have around my house.   I also loved that these used corn tortillas.  I love corn tortillas.  YUM!  These would make a great quick lunch, but we had them one day for dinner.  I'm not listing quantities because it isn't like I measured anything. Rachael Ray had it for 4 corn tortillas.  I think I made 16 or so for dinner.  However many it took to use up my 12-16 oz. package of pre-cooked chicken.  I also didn't add the onions to all of them.  Probably about 1/2 for my kiddos who don't like onions.  They were still tasty.

Ingredients

  • corn tortillas
  • cream cheese
  • pre-cooked chicken
  • Barbecue sauce
  • shredded cheese (we used Monterey Jack, cheddar or a combination of both)
  • diced onion
Directions
  1. Toss chicken with Barbecue sauce.  Preheat oven to 375.  
  2. To make each tortilla, Spread with a thin layer of cream cheese, add some of the bbq chicken, sprinkle with cheese and onions if desired. 
  3. Bake for 15 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails