Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Waffle mix carrot cake muffins

Here are the muffins I made with the mix from the previous post - quite yummy.

Ingredients

  • 3 cups waffle mix 
  • 2 cups shredded carrots
  • 1 cup yogurt (I used vanilla)
  • 1/4 cup "organic sugar"  (I used brown sugar here)
  • 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 cup crushed pineapple (original showed 1/2 cup pineapple.  I added another 1/2 cup to get the mix moist enough.  That worked perfectly.  I did not drain the pineapple, just scooped 1/2 cup out of the top of the can, then scooped out another 1/2 cup.)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375.  Combine all ingredients.  Stir until moistened.  Spray 2 muffin tins with cooking spray.  Divide batter amoung tins (I made 22) Bake for 20 minutes.  (Original recipe said 30 minutes.  I took mine out at 23, and had 6 burned, so I suggest checking at 20 minutes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails