Friday, May 27, 2011

Octoberfest German Potato Salad

I wanted a potato salad the other day to use up some potatoes and because it seemed like it would go very well with our pulled pork sandwiches, so I went searching for one.  I found this one on Allrecipes.com.  I love that site just for all of the reviews.  Makes it so much easier to choose something.  This was a super simple salad, and honestly I worried about it having enough flavor because it didn't have many ingredients, but it was quite tasty, especially after it had sat for a while, cooled, and the flavors had blended.  I even left out the oil in the original recipe figuring it looked like it had plenty of liquid, and I was right.  It had plenty of liquid and didn't need the extra oil.

Ingredients

  • 3 pounds potatoes, sliced (I used red potatoes and did not peel them.)
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used lite-the olive oil one)
  • 1/2 cup cider vinegar
  • 2 Tablespoons white sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons parsley (I used fresh)
  • ground pepper to taste
Directions
  1. Cook potatoes in a large pot of salted water until firm but not mushy.  (15-20 minutes)
  2. In another bowl, whisk together salt, mayonnaise, cider vinegar, sugar, parsley, and pepper.  Stir in onions and potatoes.  Let sit for at least 1 hour to let flavors blend (although I'm sure I didn't originally, but the left overs were tastier after flavors blended.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails