Saturday, February 5, 2011

Rigatoni with roasted sweet potatoes

This is another recipe I found in my Taste of home simple and delicious magazine.  I did make some changes to make it serve my family.  It was rather good for a vegetarian meal.  Great flavor.  Everyone also seemed to like it.
I liked how this meal cooked up.  I cooked the noodles, made the sauce and toasted the walnuts while the veggies baked in the oven then it all came together quickly after that.  I loved the flavor of the roasted veggies too.

Ingredients

  • 3 medium large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 1 large onion, halved and sliced
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 1 heaping Tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • heaping 1/2 teaspoon sage
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 3 cups uncooked rigatoni (I think I actually used penne)
  • 2 Tablespoons butter
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1/2 cup cooking sherry (original was white wine or chicken broth)
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
  • shredded Parmesan cheese
Directions
  1. Place sweet potatoes and onion in an ungreased 15 X 10 inch baking sheet.  Combine garlic, oil, salt, sage and pepper;  drizzle over veggies and toss to coat.
  2. Bake uncovered at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
  3. Meanwhile, cook rigatoni according to package directions.  In a small saucepan, combine butter, cream and wine.  Bing to a gentle boil;  cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly thickened.
  4. Drain rigatoni; return to pan.  Add cream sauce, veggies and walnuts;  toss to coat.  Sprinkle with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails