Wednesday, December 15, 2010

kinda greek salad

If you've checked out my blog much at all, you will know I really love my Sandi Richards cookbook.  Love the complete meals, love the variety, love the set-up....   I also rarely vary from her recipes because they are good and flavorful, so I tend not to publish a lot of them on here if I I haven't made changes.   So, I'm not publishing the entire meal we had - that was tomato-cranberry glazed pork chops with couscous (although I made rice - don't like couscous) and kinda greek salad.  The pork was good.  Probably 4 star, but I absolutely adored the kinda greek salad.  It was a salad without lettuce.  Also the flavors combined extremely well.  I didn't use as much red onion as she did, but the rest I followed exactly.  I was out of reflux medicine (or trying something new that wasn't working)  Anyway, didn't dare add much more onion.  I thought it was absolutely the perfect blend of flavors the way I made it.  I had worried about the feta being a bit much, but really, perfect salad.  Loved it.

Ingredients

  • 2 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic (from a jar - can use 2 cloves minced)
  • 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/2 red pepper
  • 1/2 green pepper
  • 1/4 red onion (I used a couple of slices - maybe 1/8 or 1/4 - original was for 1/2)
  • 1/2 English cucumber
  • 3 Roma tomatoes
  • 3/4 cups feta cheese, crumbles
Directions
  1. Pour olive oil, garlic, vinegar and sugar into a large salad bowl and whisk to blend
  2. Chop all veggies adding to bowl as you go.  Add feta cheese.  Toss until veggies are coated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails