Sunday, November 7, 2010

Steak San Morco

This was the second recipe I tried from Fix it and Forget it, and it was much better.  The flavor was good, and the meat was excellent.  First slow cooker meal I've liked in a while.    It was also super simple to make.  I served it over brown rice and made yet another fix it and forget it dish for a side.  (My next post.)




This recipe came from Susan Tjon of Austin Tx.  Again I changed nothing.

Ingredients

  • 2 lbs stewing meat, cubed (I used a beef roast - round I think.  I only used 1 lb 10 or 11 oz.)
  • 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
  • 1 29 oz. can crushed tomatoes
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • garlic powder to taste (I think I didn't add this because I used roasted garlic crushed tomatoes)
  • 2 Tablespoons oil (I don't think it needed this - would probably reduce it to 1 if any next time.)
  • 2 Tablespoons wine vinegar (I used red wine vinegar.)
Directions
  1. Layer meat evenly in the bottom of slow cooker
  2. Combine soup mix, tomatoes, spices, oil, and vinegar in bowl.  Blend with spoon.  Pour over meat.
  3. Cove and cook on high 6 hours or low for 8-10 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails