Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Chocolate Reese's popcorn

So, I've been searching for another fun popcorn recipe to try.  I really wanted to put it in some cute little lanterns I was making for Halloween. (Just some tissue paper mod podged on a mason jar.  I made the eyes from vinyl scraps.)  I've seen various popcorn recipes that have you melt a package of white chocolate chips and cover the popcorn with that.  Well, I'm not a huge fan of white chocolate so I tried it with regular chocolate chips.  Then I threw in some Reese's pieces.  YUM.  It was a mess to mix and even to eat.  I did resort to putting it in the fridge to harden the chocolate back up from the original melt.  These were so tasty.  Kind of reminded me of chex muddy buddies.  I wondered about tossing some powdered sugar in the mix to cover the chocolate but figured it would just end up making a powdered sugar mess.  :)  Sorry the picture is semi blurry.  I really need to get the flash fixed on my camera.



Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn
  • 1 12 oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup Reese's pieces (I didn't measure, but that is my estimate of what I used.  I just tossed some in until it looked good.
Directions
  1. Pop the popcorn in an air popper.  Remove kernels.  (Don't forget this step.  Somehow I did on this batch. Not very pleasant to hit kernel every few bites.)
  2. Melt the chocolate in the microwave according to package directions.  Mine said 1 minute then stir, then 30 second intervals.  It only took 1 minute and 30 seconds.
  3. Stir popcorn and chocolate together.  Spread onto wax paper or aluminum foil lined cookie sheet. Allow to cool.  Mix in the Reese's pieces.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails