Wednesday, October 6, 2010

baked fish with cheese sauce

I found a recipe for fish with cheese sauce in my taste of home magazine.  I was afraid it was going to be a bit plain so I added some garlic herb flavoring.  I also used a different fish....  The great thing about it was that it was super simple, and probably one of my favorite fish dishes to date.   All but my 4 year old liked this.  My 2 year old actually ate lots.  Yea!  He is super picky.   I even loved it and I'm pretty picky when it comes to fish.

Ingredients

  • 18 oz. mahi mahi - (This was 3 fillets.  I cut each in half.)
  • 1 Tablespoon butter, melted (I actually used I can't believe it's not butter light.)
  • 1/4  cup dry bread crumbs (approximately.  I didn't measure.)
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic herb blend
Cheese sauce ingredients
  • 1 Tablespoon flour
  • 3/4 cup milk (I used skim)
  • 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic and herb blend
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400.  Spray a 9 X 13 pan with cooking spray.  Mix the bread crumbs with the garlic herb blend on a plate.
  2.  Brush each fillet with melted butter.  Roll top side in crumbs.  Place in pan.  (original recipe said to sprinkle the crumbs on top, but they just got all over that way.  I did 2 like that then started rolling them.  I just did the sides and tops.)
  3. Bake for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
  4. Meanwhile, prepare cheese sauce by mixing the flour and milk in a small saucepan.  Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.  Stir in cheese, mustard, and garlic herb blend until cheese is melted.  Serve with fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails