Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Cranberry roast

This recipe comes from a new website (to me anyway) called 365crockpot.  It is all crockpot recipes.  I wanted to make a crock pot meal with a pork loin roast I knew I had in the freezer, so I started searching.  I chose this because it looked quick, easy, and good.  It was all of the above.  I love that she said I could toss my meat in frozen.  I made this quickly in between preschool.  I cooked it on high because I didn't have a ton of time, and I tossed my roast in frozen.  It was done by 3-3:30, (I put it in at around 10, 10:30)  So I shredded it, left it in all the juices and turned my slow cooker to warm.  Worked well.  I served it with this yummy bread only I only used 1 Tablespoon of Italian seasoning and 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder for my seasonings to speed things along even more since I decided to make the bread at the last minute.  Yum.
I just reread her blog and it says serve over mashed potatoes.  Should have paid attention to that.  That would have been good.  (Of course I would have had more whiners at my table, so bread was probably a better options.)  Instead I spent way too much time trying to decide on a side.  Pilaf sounded great but we've had rice a couple of times lately, so I didn't want that.  Orzo pilaf sounded good, but I didn't have orzo.  I looked for a noodle something but didn't find anything.....  That is how bread was chosen.  Oh well, maybe next time.  The meat was delicious.  I liked that I let it soak up the juices on warm for a while.  It was very flavorful that way.

Ingredients

  • 2-3 pound roast (pork or beef - I used pork, and I think it was a bit over 3.)
  • 1 Tablespoon dehydrated onion flakes (or 1 medium chopped onion - I definitely went for the flakes)
  • 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 16 oz can whole berry cranberry sauce (or homemade - I would have loved to try her recipe but just didn't have the time.)
Directions
  1. Combine onions, soy sauce, and cranberry sauce in the slow cooker.  Add the roast and cook for 7-9 hours on low or 5-6 on high.  (Like I said, mine only took 5 hours on high from frozen.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails