Thursday, September 30, 2010

Taco soup

This is the recipe I usually use for taco soup.  After the taco soup we had a few weeks ago, I was craving this one.  I did try and make up my own taco seasoning today.  It wasn't up to par, so I won't post that yet.
I love this taco soup because it is super quick and super simple.  I was lazy today and didn't even chop the green onions.  I already had onion in my pre-cooked beef and onion in my taco seasoning, so I didn't think it was too big of a deal.




Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. Lean ground beef
  • ¼ cup sliced green onions
  • 1 pkg. Taco Seasoning mix
  • 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 cup frozen corn (but I usually use 2 cups)
  • 1 cup water 
  • 2 oz (1/2 cup) finely shredded Cheddar cheese

 Directions
  1. In large saucepan, brown ground beef until thoroughly cooked.  Drain. (or use pre-cooked)      Add onions and taco seasoning mix;  cook 1 minute. 
  2. Stir in tomatoes, corn and water.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
  3. To serve, ladle soup into serving bowls; top with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails