Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Crispy chicken coconut fingers

Last night's dinner was a combination of 2 recipes from the cookbook my sister Karley gave me for my birthday of her favorite recipes.  This chicken dish was pretty simple and super tasty.  I thought it was supremely crazy that my almost 2 year old wouldn't even try them.  He likes chicken, and I'm sure he's had chicken fingers before.   I put some in his mouth and he spit them back.  He finally dipped it in bbq sauce, but really only got maybe a bite in, he mostly just licked the sauce off.  However, everyone with normal taste buds thought these were great. I used a little less butter than the recipe called for, I'm sure they would have been a bit crispier if I hadn't, but they were fine this way.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup flaked coconut
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 egg lightly beaten (I used 1/4 cup egg substitute.  I had some that needed using.)
  • 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch strips (3 breasts for me.)
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted  (I only used 3 Tablespoons)
Directions
  1. Preheat over to 400.  Mix coconut, flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder on a plate.  Put egg on another plate.  
  2. Dip chicken strips in egg, then coat with coconut mixture.  Place on cookie sheet (I greased mine and would definitely suggest that.)  Drizzle with butter.  Bake 25 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked through, turning after 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails