Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Oven fried fish

This is a simple recipe from my saving dinner book.  I didn't change it much except to add a bit of parmesan/romano blend when my Pamesan ran out.  I made it with 2 mahi-mahi filets and 2 salmon filets.  I didn't try it with the salmon.  It was ok with the mahi mahi, but I didn't find the crumb mixture to be all that flavorful.  I thought that was surprising with the Italian seasoning in the crumbs and the cheeses, but oh well.  The directions on this were a  little bit funky in the book so I've written those out how I made it.


Ingredients

  • 4 Tablespoons butter
  • 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (I also had some romano in there)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 6 fish fillets (I made 4 but they were all rather large.)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375.
  2. Melt butter in a microwave safe dish.  Spread on the bottom of a 9X13 baking dish (can just melt in the 9 X 13 if it is glass.)  (You can also just put this on another plate which I actually think would have been easier and then just spray your 9 x 13 with cooking spray.  Once you start adding fish back into the dish it starts to get crowded for dipping - I thought this was a bit strange, to place fish back in a dish where you were using the butter, but I did it because I thought maybe there would be lots of left over butter and it would help fry the fish.  I didn't have a lot of extra butter, so if I did this again, I would probably use another plate.)
  3. Mix bread crumbs and cheese in a shallow bowl, or on a plate.
  4. Dip the fish first in the butter, then into the crumbs.  Place in baking dish.
  5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails