Saturday, March 13, 2010

Maple chex mix

I found this recipe in the newest taste of home healthy cooking magazine. I loved that it was easy - had to cook 45 minutes, but assembly was super simple. I added craisins because it seemed like it needed them to me. Turned out great!

Ingredients
  • 2 cups Rice Chex
  • 2 cups corn chex
  • 2 cups honey-nut cheerios
  • 1 cup miniature pretzels
  • 1/2 cup pecan halves, coarsely chopped
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup (I used reduced calorie)
  • 1 Tablespoon butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
Directions:
  1. In a large bowl, combine the cereals, pretzels, and pecans.
  2. In a microwave-safe dish, combine maple syrup and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds or until butter is melted. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal and toss to coat. (I stirred.)
  3. Transfer to a cookie sheet coated with baking spray (I also covered mine with foil to make clean-up simple.) Bake at 250 for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove and add dried cranberries.  Cool. Store in airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails