Sunday, March 21, 2010

broccoli cauliflower salad with bacon

This one weighs in at 161 calories per 1/6th using light mayo and splenda - actually the way I ended up making it, it was 140 for 1/8 (which was a lot.) Also from the simple and delicious magazine, I did change this one up a bit. Original recipe was pepperoni and a lot more of it. I lowered the amout of meat since it was pared with a plenty meaty chili and used light mayo and splenda. Then I accidentaly 1.66 Tablespoons extra mayo, and it was way too much mayo. I added 3 more cups broccoli and another half cup cauliflower -nearly doubling the veggies.

I have to laugh at the family - the baby wouldn't touch either part of the meal, big boys hated the salad, chili was ok, Benjamin wanted more salad and didn't want the chili - go figure. Brandon and I both liked both 4 stars worth. Brandon wants to try this salad with pepperoni.

Ingredients

  • 3 slices bacon - cooked and crumbled
  • 4 green onions, chopped
  • 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped (I used 5 cups)
  • 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets, chopped (I used 1.5 cups)
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 1/2 cup raisins
Dressing
  • 2/3 cup light mayonnaise (I accidentally used 3/4 cup)
  • 1/3 cup splenda
  • 4 teaspoon cider vinegar
Directions
  1. In a large bowl, combine first 6 ingredients. In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients whisking until smooth. Pour over salad; toss to coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails