Sunday, March 14, 2010

apricot-ricotta stuffed celery

Yet another taste of home healthy cooking magazine recipe - can you tell that is the one I'm using this week. This was a nice alternative to almond butter on celery, or ants on a log (peanut butter on celery with raisins.) Mad a nice snack. I was afraid I wouldn't like it becasue sometimes I don't like the texture of ricotta, but it was great.

Ingredients
  • 3 dried apricots
  • 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
  • 2 teaspoons brown sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 5 celery ribs (I actually used 6 - the recipe said to have them cut in 1 1/2 inch pieces, but I just filled them whole and cut them in thirds.)
Directions
Place apricots in a food processor. Cover and process until finely chopped. Add the ricotta, brown sugar, orange peel and salt; cover and process until blended. Stuff or pipe into celery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails