Sunday, March 7, 2010

All day roast

This idea came from my new Sandi Richard book, but I did my own thing with the spices. So the original recipe calls for garlic and herb seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Isn't garlic and herb seasoning garlic and pepper and some other seasonings? Am I missing something? It is like the other day the recipe called for low sodium soy sauce and then had you add salt. Huh? Why not just use regular soy sauce if you're going to add salt back in? OK, enough of my silly questions. This is the simplest recipe the way I made it.
This was very tasty, but I overcooked it waiting on the fries I was making and it got a bit dry. Still nice and tender, still nice flavor, but just in the oven too long.


Ingredients
  • 3 pound sirloin roast
  • 1 tablespoon garlic and herb seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 450. Trim fat from meat. Place in a roasting pan (I used a 9X13 - I don't have a "roasting pan.") Cook for 15 minute. At the end of 15 minutes, reduce heat to 180 and leave uncovered for 8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails