Sunday, January 3, 2010

Tuna biscuit ring

This is a recipe from my mom. DH and I both LOVE it, but not a one of the kids like it. We actually fed them left overs the day we had this and we ate the tuna biscuit ring. Yum.

Ingredients
  • 1 egg slightly beaten
  • 2 cans tuna drained
  • diced onions or dried onions (1/2 medium onion)
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I usually use cheddar)
  • 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped (Today I had fresh parsley. Sometimes I use dried, but then a lot of times I'll put in a little parsley and a little basil)
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Biscuit dough
  • 2 cups flour
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup shortening
  • 3/4 cup milk
Directions:

Reserve 1/2 of egg. Mix remaining egg, tuna, onion, cheese, salt, parsley and pepper.

Make the dough by mixing dry ingredients. Cut in the shortening. Add milk until pliable dough. knead lightly 20 go 30 times.
Roll out dough into a rectangle, spread tuna mixture on the dough leaving at least 1 inch on long edge of dough. Roll up like a cinnamon roll. Pinch ends. Shape into a circle. Score top (make cuts only half way through with knife or scissors.) Brush with remaining egg. Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes.

Cheese Sauce
Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 1 cup grated cheese (I usually use cheddar, and I usually add a little bit more than 1 cup. Today I think I had cheddar and some jack cheese - either Monterrey jack or Colby jack. Not sure because DH made the cheese sauce this day.)
To make cheese sauce, in a sauce pan, melt margarine, stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Add milk and bring to boil, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute. Stir in mustard and cheese.

1 comment:

  1. Betturkey giriş adresine buradan ulaşabilirsiniz.
    betturkey giriş

    37BH84

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails