Sunday, January 17, 2010

Chickne noodle amandine

Made a chicken cacciatore in the crock pot this week that was a mess because I managed to have a bad piece of chicken in the bunch. It got tossed and I ended up using the noodles to make something I had planned for this week where I was going to use homemade noodles. It came from the kitchenaide manual/cookbook. I didn't have the mushrooms it called for either. It really wasn't my favorite food. Edible, but not great. I needed more orange peel, but didn't have the 2 Tablespoons it called for even after using 3 oranges. I also think the homemade noodles would have been a bit better, and it probably needed the flavor of the mushrooms. I also forgot to take a picture. It wasn't much to look at though- white noodles in white sauce, with white chicken and white almonds on top. On the plus side, the almonds toasted in the butter were quite tasty.


Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup slivered almonds
  • 2 cups mushrooms, sliced (didn't have these)
  • 2 Tablespoons grated orange peel (I think I ended up with about 1 1/3 Tablespoons)
  • 3 teaspoons salt (quite sure I didn't use this full Tablespoon of salt)
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 4 cups cooked chicken, cut into cubes (I used 2-3 cups pre-cooked)
  • 3 cups sour cream
  • 1 past recipe of flat noodles, cooked and drained (I used the linguini I had cooked for the Chicken Cacciatore that didn't turn out.)
Directions
  1. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add almonds and stir until lightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
  2. Melt remaining butter in a clean saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute 3 minutes. Add orange peel, salt, pepper, chicken broth, and chicken. Continue cooking an additional minute. Stir sour cream into chicken mixture, heat through, but do not boil. Server immediately over hot noodles. Sprinkle with almonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails